The one person you can’t forget this holiday season

Gifts for Mom and Dad? Check. Gifts for your nieces and nephews? Done. But, I still feel like I’m missing someone…

shutterstock_238733524

You’re probably going to have that same feeling this holiday season as well. The main reason is because you are forgetting someone. Your dog!

You treat them like children- you love them like family–now it’s time for you to make them a part of the most wonderful time of the year. But how? Well, the nice thing about dogs is that the first thing they want is your love. The second thing that they want is treats! But why just give them the regular old treat when you could go above and beyond and have fun at the same time?

I decided this year my dog was going to eat candy canes too. I know what you’re thinking, but these candy canes are specifically for dogs and are super easy to make.

Video: 5 Tips for Managing Holiday Stress

Ingredients:

3 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup nonfat powdered milk

1/2 tsp baking powder

1 cup water

1 chicken or beef bouillon cube

Video: Disney Frozen Dolls Queen Elsa + Prince Hans Have Water Balloon Fight - Cookieswirlc Video

2 large eggs

2 tsp red or green food coloring (or natural alternative)

1 large egg (for an egg wash)

My secret ingredient: crushed up Milk-Bone treats which are wholesome and delicious treats you can feel good about giving to your pup. As well as some ground up Pup-Peroni which is real meat and has an aroma dogs love. I lightly mix these in with the flour.

Video: Merry Christmas from The Harveys - "Jan" an Eminem funny music video parody

Instructions:

First you want to whisk together the flour, powdered milk, and baking powder. This can be done by hand or with the whisk attachment on your KitchenAid. In a separate bowl, mix warm water and the bouillon until dissolved. Whisk the two eggs in with the mixture. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir until both are combined, and then knead into a dough.

Take half the dough and add your choice of food coloring. Mix the dough up with the food coloring (Note: You should probably wear gloves). Once the coloring is in the dough, put the colored and non-colored bowl in the fridge for 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Make the dough into small balls. Roll each color into long strands around 12 inches long and curl them into candy cane shapes.

Put them into the oven for 10-12 minutes, then take them out and set them aside to cool.

image3 (1)

I decided to also include some of my dogs other favorite things. My dog is a big fan a Pup-Peroni and Milo’s Kitchen along with Milk-Bone. I also got my dog a new chew toy since he destroyed his snowman from last year.

image2 (1)

I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty great holiday for my pup. Just follow these simple steps, get your dog a few thoughtful gifts (don’t forget the special belly rub), and it could be for your dog as well!

Sponsored By Big Heart Pet Brands:

big-heart-holiday

Reviews & Comments

Related posts